August 30, 2010

Goals

I like having goals, especially short term ones. When I can imagine myself achieving something within, say, a week, working towards that goal becomes a lot more fun.

So right now I have a few goals (and a few things to look forward to besides). I have my first University class on Wednesday. I know that most people are not excited about the first day of school after the age of say ten, but I'm not most people. While I would not object to remaining in vacation mode for at least another month, twelve weeks will pass by as quick as can be.

I've signed up for a grand total of four fitness classes. Yoga, body works, Zumba and Belly Dancing. And yes, I will keep them up along with all my other juggling balls, thank you very much.

In two weeks time I shall be taking to the road (road trip, baby!) to see Slash in concert. If you don't know who Slash is, that's perfectly alright. In my mind he is awesome and worth driving four hours to the middle of nowhere to see.

I'm only a few short rounds away from finishing my knitting arm warmers. They would have been done on the train this morning except I forgot my smaller set of double-point needles. I need them for the decorative twists at the finger end. Also in knitting news, I eagerly await the arrival of the yarn I ordered so that I may complete the hat for the Handsome Lad. His birthday is in two weeks and while I have a history of giving late presents, I want this one to be on time.

Finally, on the topic of the Handsome Lad: he has given me out anniversary gift a little early (with good reason). We're getting dance lessons! If you could see me, dear readers, you would know how excited this makes me. He has given me the choice of Tango or Swing dancing. How can I choose?

Because I love giving you pictures, here's one from my weekend hiking trip:


Until next time!

No comments: