August 16, 2010

It's Like Thunder

When I feel at a loss for inspiration I often turn to song lyrics. I'd prefer that to discussing the weather, although in the case of today's title, it's a two for one deal.

This week is my last full week of work before I dive headfirst into University. I am very grateful to have a job that allows me to be so flexible with my hours. This week also starts off with a bang, literally. Thunderstorms abound due to massive amounts of humidity. I love a good thunderstorm, I would just prefer not to have to walk to the train in one. Lightning tends to make me sizzle.

I must confess to procrastination; it starts early this week and that's not a good sign. I still have to organize my room before school starts because I absolutely cannot abide clutter when I need to work. I went school supply shopping, which still fills me with child-like glee at having shiny new notebooks and pens that won't last long in their current state.

August is the sprinter month. I awoke one day and it was August 1st, then I blinked and I'm two weeks from the end of it all. It's a good thing that I am not one to make lists of things to accomplish this summer because I might be disappointed. I prefer to be optimistic (it's a new project, work with me) and since being reminded of the good things in life is the point of this blog let us go to the flip side.

With one week left of "official summer" I'm going to give myself an assignment.  I will think of all the things I did this summer of which I am proud. The bonus assignment to this will be to write about the things I most loved doing and the moments that struck me.

In a country that boasts (though not often enthusiastically) five to six months of hard winter, summer is a gift to be cherished. While we make the best of the winter months and have oodles of fun doing so, summer brings out an infectious joie-de-vivre.

Since I'm in the business of making life fantastic, I feel this is a good project to undertake at any major transition. We all should have things of which we are proud. If all goes well, I shall find some great stories.

On my summer vacation, I ...

No comments: