As far as things go, I did not have a very eventful weekend. Sure I played a two hour soccer game in non-stop downpour and starting knitting my first hat but really, nothing special.
Aside, you are never more miserable in the rain than when your underwear is wet. That, I feel, is the apex of rain-induced misery.
However! Life being what it is (fantastic), things turned up, like the sun for instance. I love how the little things can cheer me up this early in the week. Like my morning jaunt to work on the City's snazzy little rent-a-bikes. I adore these things and I can't wait to zip around more often when I begin classes in three weeks time.
Admittedly, it is all very intimidating. The going to University thing, that is. While I am in no way anxious about the administrative process of beginning life at a new school - let's face it, I've done this at least 4 times now - there are other factors that leave me vibrating with excitement.
Such as? You shall surely ask. Well for one, I get to enter a peer group of people who are close to me in age and ambition. I get to play at being an adult more than I ever have before and I like it. I get to start belly dancing again, which is grand. And finally, it's just plain exciting to be where all my friends started out two years prior. I get to be where I have felt I belonged for the past 4 years. I don't regret much of taking more time in CEGEP (except possibly that last year) but when all is said and done, I'm glad to be free of it and eager to begin anew.
Here's to transition and the thrill of anticipation. Summer is not yet over but we have plenty to look forward to.
Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment