August 23, 2010

Rainy Weekends

The weather was less than ideal this past weekend. It rained, all day, both days and it was cold. By cold I don't mean Canada Cold, I mean cold for August. With a good number of students hauling their summer-slack bums back to school, I can no longer be in denial.
New season, new adventure (as they are so wont to proclaim on television).


There is one saving grace of rainy weekends: hobbies. When it rains, there's no excuse for not being out of doors. So out came the needles, the pencils, the sketchpads and the books. I hobbied (yes, it's a verb today) to my little hearts' content. Since I'm still waiting for the yellow yarn I ordered too complete a hat, I did other things.


Arm warmer number one is complete! It was fun and surprisingly easy. Although it is true what they say about double pointed knitting being like wrestling and octopus.  All that remains is to fashion its' twin.  No longer shall my fingers freeze while typing all day at the office! I shall be warm, and snazzy to.


I do other things besides knit, don't worry. This won't turn into a blog about my knitting habits (although I might dedicate a section to that at some point). In general, this is about my life (which can be oh-so-amusing).


In a few weeks I get to re-start my belly dancing classes. It's great to find a form of dance and take to it. Although one would think that belly dancing makes your abdominal muscles flatter, the opposite is true. In fact, it is preferred that belly dancers be  curvaceous rather than stick-thin. It's more pleasing to the eye, apparently. Suits me though, having something to do with my little love handles and jiggle-bum. Sadly, I get a little proud when I see a video of Shakira doing the shimmy (the butt-shake thing) and knowing that I can do that!




And that right there... I wish I could do that. And one day I will. The dancer in the video has such supreme control. I can only aspire to that at the moment. My teacher tells me I have potential though, so I shall persevere. In two weeks time when I take up my coin belt once more, I shall be graceful, seductive and most of all, happy. Of course, we have to add supple. I shall be supple!

Have a great start to the week everyone. Cheers!

No comments: