Not even gallons of rain can dampen the feeling I get from my happy shoes. However, I have been very blue during these last few days for reasons which I would rather not get into for fear of ranting. I'll get over it.
Generally it's been a rough beginning to the week. I had three cavities fixed which required a good deal of numbing agents and so many drill bits I thought they were building a house in there. My skull got such a rattling that I'm still sore. And oh did I whine about it.
I'm told you have to indulge your inner child which, in my book, does not mean restricting it to the pleasant childish reactions. I'm going to have to throw a hissy fit once in a while - that is all I'm saying.
The greater part of my weekend was spent practising make-up for my competition next weekend. I've been beating off panic attacks with a stick. So, because I like sharing pictures, I'll let you have a glimpse of my inner drag queen*.
Admittedly it doesn't have the va-va-voom I'm going for. But I'm building something and after examining the pictures I understand that the eyes have to be at least five times more dramatic. On the bright side, the foundation looks good in pictures; small victories.
* I use drag queen in the best possible sense. I'm recalling the lovely one who served us drinks at the very first club I ever went to.
No comments:
Post a Comment