May 5, 2011

Smiling Through the Rain

Despite my best efforts I got wet today. While I could have walked to the train station using the long, convoluted paths of the underground I chose to get on a bike and ride. So, I did in fact bring this on myself.
You couldn't blame me, though, if you saw these tunnels. Most of the time it's not obvious where you're headed as the tunnels become malls which become office complexes which morph back into tunnels. There is also more up-and-down than a roller coaster.

Because of this I chose to bike. The rain had been stopping for five minute windows and I had forgotten it was a ten minute bike ride. But we grin, and we bear it just like I bore the wet seat of my pants for the train ride home and I still think it was worth it.

I'm counting the days to my road trip with the Lad. We're going to Niagara Falls for a few days (I've never been but he has) and his wonderful self has agreed to go wine-tasting with me in the Niagara Valley (I'm giddy). Our last road trip was two years ago when we journeyed to Prince Edward Island. Sometimes I hook my computer to the big screen TV and run a slide show of the pictures to some cheesy romantic music.

When it's been raining for a whole week I look to nostalgia to lighten my mood. That, and trying my hand at making some Rustic Flatbread. My forearms hurt so much I'm tempted to stick them in the freezer. Apparently I need to stretch before kneading.

No comments: