Then the world got all cool. This last word must be said in a voice as smooth as butter on a hot pan, as luscious as chocolate drizzle and just as velvety. Also, it would be preferable if you had shades.
The rest of the day clicked. All it took was a song to remind me of my inner foxy lady. I was able to complete all my errands in an hour. I gathered together a lovely little gift for my belly dancing teacher as a thank-you for her support leading up to the competition and I made the train on time. I even had time to go grab a library book. Yes, I'm still reading for that challenge, I just haven't been reviewing. Sometimes I fall so deep into a book I can't explain what I feel while reading it. That being said, I still want to talk about One Hundred Years of Solitude, and I will.
And because I'm sure you're all curious. The competition ... well it went. I didn't win anything but I had a great experience and my Mom bought me brunch.
On the Left you have the final version of my Cat Eye Makeup, and the most wonderful earrings I've ever seen.
On the Right is me in full costume with my teacher. She was so proud she was bawling her eyes out. You will notice that this picture was taken at the end of the day and I am much more dishevelled.
There will be a video posted when I receive the DVD of the competition. I have no idea what I looked like, but people seem to tell me I danced well. When I was waiting to go on stage, it seemed like every other dancer went on forever. And then it was my turn. After a minute it was over and I couldn't believe it. I had done the best I could. I felt sexier than I have ever felt in my life as I prowled up and down the boards. I'm going to ride that feeling for a while. It must be good for my self-esteem.
No comments:
Post a Comment