These next two weeks bring the gift of back to back long weekends. It seems my brain is gone and left without me. Unfortunately the weather does not look too promising here so it (being my brain) is probably off on a beach somewhere sipping something delightful.
Even though it's just one extra day the long weekend towers over all else. It is inflated with possibility. I spent most of today daydreaming about the baking I would get done. Fair warning: browsing recipes is not something you do when you're hungry and stuck in an office.
That extra day tells me I can spend more time reading while still doing all the baking and knitting I want. That extra day leaves room for a game of Frisbee or a quick spin with my watercolour pencils. The camera can even hope to come out of its hiding place.
And even if I don't accomplish everything I had planned to do I will still have had an extra day to lie around and daydream. That alone is worth the resentment of all my unfinished projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment