We had good, stupid fun. We played arcade games at the Midway and walked up and down Clifton Hill so many times we could pinpoint each garish noise. Whenever I go on vacation I have to play a round of mini-putt, so we did that too.
There was also the Botanical Gardens, the Boardwalk on the Rapids and the Butterflies. I have to mention the butterflies.
| The Lad made a friend. |
They were everywhere!... (in the Butterfly Conservatory). The Lad was honestly afraid I would panic and swat one which is not an unfounded fear. I'm skittish when just one thing flutters in my face, let alone a fleet of things.
I felt like all the pictures I took were the same ones being taken by everyone else. The world is filled with identical photographs of Niagara Falls. You could probably construct a perfect map of the area based solely on the photos taken by tourists.
Despite all the tourist action I feel a strong love for this region. All the travellers in the world cannot detract from it's striking and unique natural beauty. Oh, and did I mention the wine tour?
| Rows of grape vines run off to the Lake. |
The Lad and I played at sophisticated adulthood and signed up for a wine tour. What a delight! We were chauffeured around in a really nice car to four wineries to sample our fill of the fantastic Niagara Valley wine. We eschewed the widely available souvenirs in favour of some bottles to bring home. And wouldn't you know that the tour got more fun as the day went on? Here I insert a shameless plug for Niagara Vintage Wine Tours, they absolutely know what they're doing when it comes to guiding you through the ins and outs of wine tasting.
So we had a great trip and I'm glad to have new pictures to share with all of you. With that I'm back to pedalling the streets of Montreal with one hand holding the hem of my skirt down.
No comments:
Post a Comment