These are my new happy shoes; I have yet to take a picture of them on my own feet. Why are they happy shoes, you ask? Because I find it impossible to be even the least bit blue when wearing these shoes. I skip down the street, resisting the urge to do little dance steps. I really don't need to be that weird.
Good bye ankle and arch support, hello happy dance shoes.
Along side happy things I'm coming off a long weekend for Canadian Thanksgiving. Plied with delicious food I lost all motivation to work out for the rest of the week. Don't worry, I forced myself to get up at 5:30 this morning to get to my yoga class. Priorities, mine may be a little mixed up.
I'm taking great comfort in all the apples in my house right now. Piles and piles of apples, my friends, and all of them need to be eaten in some way. I made the following Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie for Thanksgiving dinner and it was a huge hit. There's still more apples so I shall be making it again tonight.
Friday is going to be a cookie-baking day. Along with my cookie buddy (you'll meet her eventually), I shall be producing delectable treats. Which means I have to get off my lazy streak and research cookie recipes.
I'm having to constantly remind myself that I do, in fact, go to school and subsequently have readings to keep up with. Oh, Wether, how whiny you are and how such sentimentalities seem to drone on and on. This is a note for future societies: never let angsty young rich men get a hold of writing implements.
In writing news, I have opted to participate in this year's NaNoWriMo, which stands for National Novel Writing Month. If you have heard of it, good for you! If not, I'll just summarize by explaining that it is a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel over the whole of November. If you feel like spending even more time staring at an infuriatingly blank page then please, come join me. I have a few ideas floating around which I am hoping to better organize by the time writing begins.
It's still Fall in the City and I really want to get into the trees and capture all those great colours. Here's one for now. They say it will rain tomorrow. They tend to irritate me with these kind of predictions.

No comments:
Post a Comment