October 18, 2010

Cookies and Colours


This morning I am proud to have completed two knitting projects in one weekend. Not pictured is the Montreal Canadiens striped scarf. But, over there in the picture you will find these delightfully Fetching wrist warmers. These went together so quickly that I could just sit down and make three more pairs. Although, with the weather getting chillier with every passing day, I think I'll have to take a step up to fingers.

I can't wear the matching hat yet, I'm still in denial and I am definitely not ready for the hat hair.

There was a point in my youth where all I would wear was black. Even though I am aware of the fact that many teenagers go through the black rebellious phase, I wonder now how I ever lived without colour. Colours are fantastic and they're everywhere. All too soon the world will turn to various hues of grey and it will remain thus at least until February of next year.

Friday brought with it some nasty weather. One could not walk five meters without being soaked through and umbrellas were useless wind-catchers. Just imagine, umbrellas turned into conical water-collecting devices by one devious gust of wind. To counter the nasty, rainy darkness, I got together with my trust Cookie Buddy and we baked up a fiercer storm than what took place out of doors.

  Oh my goodness, cookies and cupcakes everywhere. We ingested so much cookie dough that day that I'm surprised we didn't get stomach aches. From left to right we have cookies with either chocolate chips or a combination of white chocolate, dried cranberries and flax seed, following that we have coffee shortbread and finally, chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. 

And here I though people were only supposed to gain tons of weight around the holidays. Fortunately, we did not eat them all. Most of them were sold for charity and really, the company and the fun we had making all these sweets was better than the end results - but not by that much.
 


No comments: