This week is about loving what I do and looking for opporunities to do more of those things. The impending heat wave is putting a damper on the my and the Lad's running routine - and we were being so good about it. So, I'll surrender to the heat: chilled drinks by the pool and wearing altogether very little.
Unfortunately this means little to no baking. That's ok, I made a batch of Pink Lemonade Cupcakes that should tide me over (read: they'll be gone in two days). But, on the bright side I'll have more time to knit and read (books! Glorious books!).
While hot days may be a burden to us all they at least provide a change of scenery for my photography. At my knit groups weekend pic-knit I got to take summer pictures to my heart's content. They ended up being mostly of the children rather than my fellow knitters. I suppose I'm not the first person to fall prey to the charms of children, their ever-expressive faces and their total lack of camera-shyness allow me to be as bold as I like.
A great time was had by all. Then I went home and collapsed into nap mode. I can't nap during the day and not for lack of trying. The Lad, who had been drafted (there's a pun here) to child-wrangler (a.k.a. horsey) was less tuckered out than me. He's odd like that.
I'm still basking in the afterglow of a well-spent weekend. Let me enjoy it while it's still here.
No comments:
Post a Comment