July 5, 2011

Half-Knit

I'm a beginner in the sense that I like to begin projects. I love the anticipation, the planning, the thrill that comes with accumulating materials and setting up a plan.

Give me a fresh sketchbook, pages yet unmarred by half-drawings. I have a hundred of these. New pencils, points not yet dulled, still at their original length. Sharpeners free of wood shavings. Perfectly crisp and pointy paint brushes.

Bring to me your pressed and wrapped skeins of yarn. Printed patterns free from creases and stains. A tangle-free existence.

I'll take an empty web page. A new blog post. I revel in the moments leading up to the first post which inevitably shatters the serenity.

I don't like talking about projects that are unfinished. But if I didn't I would never talk about anything that was on my plate. So let us say that on Thursday this blog gets its very first list post (pause for clapping).

Let us go over my top XX unfinished projects. It'll be a laugh.

No comments: