I waited for the bus in the cold rain today. It was two in the afternoon in the suburbs which means it's pretty quiet. I didn't want the rain to depress my mood, so I started to sing along to the music on my mp3 player. The bus shelter produced a neat echo, and I didn't think I sounded half bad. Then again, I was the only one to hear me. What could have been a very long wait quickly brightened. When the bus pulled up, I regretted not being able to finish Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" but I didn't give up the bus for that.
Now that I have dry socks and a steaming cup of Earl Grey tea, I can reflect positively on my day. It's the last week of classes (Already? She asked incredulously) and I have to stay up late tonight to register for next semester. It's a grueling process where the second the registration opens up, the web server crashes from thousands of students pouring in at once, desperate for what seems an insufficient amount of classes.
Although quite a few things remain on my plate I feel, much more so than I did last time I wrote, that I can handle them. In a few weeks the Bixi Bikes will return to the City, and I will once again zip down the streets, desperately clinging to the hem of my skirt. I have not forgotten about all the things that made me happy last summer; in fact I hope to add to that list.
There are a few vacations to look forward to, so as to take my mind away from school and work - at least for a little while. I greet this mischievous spring with wet toes and a big old smile because I know better things are on their way.
No comments:
Post a Comment