December 15, 2010

Music on the Mind

A person's dual nature can really come through in the winter. It seems that while the snow forces some to introvert into their hoods and mittens these same people can radiate brightness and enthusiasm.

I can't make assumptions but this is what winter does to me. I can't help feeling chilly for the whole day when the stinging wind freezes my cheeks into a permanent grin. Cherry cheeks and hat hair; it would seem I am pleased by the strangest things.

As you can see, even when the peaks of roofs are draped with icy curtains, colour manages to poke its nose through. I think that without these gaily painted windows and doors, it would be a grey season indeed.

Yes! I'm back to taking pictures and sharing them with you. This pleases me. I am looking forward to being a frosty-fingered shutterbug again.

But more to the point, I find myself thinking about music. Now, I'm not one of those people who has extensively categorized music collections, meticulously organized into play lists and what have you. I do, however, enjoy listening.

If I might be permitted to get deep for a moment, I would muse about the act of listening itself. How that when we force ourselves to pause and be attentive if only for a moment, we notice things that were around us all along. I'm not very good at being deep.

On that note (haha), I will share some songs that have put a spring in my step and continue to do so every time I hear them. Be warned, if you live in a place where the surfaces are presently icy and treacherous, employ caution when sauntering along.



And it seems that the second one cannot be embedded in this blog. But I persevere! Feel free to take a look at Luke Doucet's cover of The Lovecats.

Cheers

No comments: