I rolled out from under my nocturnal pile of three blankets, just as many pillows and two teddy bears. Somewhere between stumbling into the shower and boarding the train a jaunty spring slipped into my boots. If I wasn't worried about slipping on the damp pavement, I would dance down the street. I do have sympathy for my neighbourhood's other residents, so I try to limit the click of my heels.
What I love most about the morning is being able to watch the sun rise as I stand just inside the train doors. The sky is a milky gold and the scene illuminated by the glow is a bustling construction site; it's not exactly idyllic but it's my home.
December is Pause Month; everything takes a break and I permit myself plenty of inert moments. I want to bake piles of cookies, try some new cakes, knit until my room is bursting with colourful creations and read something that was not on a school book list. I will also write again, November is a trying month for university students here. I managed not to lose my mind but other things slipped to the side, but I go now to collect them.
There is plenty to look forward to, as there always is. A new project, discovering a new song or perhaps just doing much of the same but taking the time to enjoy it. I have enlisted my friends to kick me in the rear and force my to get my ears pierced - something I've been putting off out of fear for years. My theory is that if I tell enough people and then get it written here (if it's on the interweb then it's true, right?) I have no excuse to put it off.
It's time to get cozy, pull on some knee socks and throw myself headlong into winter. The sooner I accept the snow, the sooner I will be shooting headfirst down a hill on my trusty sled.
Welcome winter.
1 comment:
You will love having your ears pierced! I've had mine for...lets just say a whole lot of years...and have never looked back. I actually have two holes in each lobe; the first my sisters and I did it with an ice cube, a needle, and some thread (stupid I know but we were kids). The second ones I went to a store that did them professionally...it was so quick and so much better!!! It hurts a lot less than falling on your keester in the ice and snow. Ask me how I know this!
Post a Comment