August 16, 2011

Once More

Once more, I come full circle - wondering where summer went. Once again, I never found time to make a day bike trip to the City's Old Port. The Lad and I have been meaning to do that for about three years now. It's that one goal you make at the beginning of every summer that you know will never come to pass. And yet you set it anyway - as if announcing that summer adventures may now begin.

Adventures I did have. Wine touring and Maid-of-the-Misting at Niagara Falls, Ontario - that seems like it was two weeks ago. Disney World and beaches in Florida, that was actually two weeks ago. Both these trips were as fantastic as they were different.

I've been indulging in some instant gratification knitting, i.e. baby clothes. It's nice to be the youngest person in an office in that respect: baby talk gets directed at everyone else and I just bring the clothes. I'm also going to get back into some baking. The last week was spent, as you know, painting and mending the kitchen. By the end of it all I didn't want to spend any more time in that room.

Overall it looks great, although the new light fixture is a thorn in my otherwise pristine pride. It flickers... all the time. Our house is old and has no grounding wires but we've never had a light fixture that liked to remind us of that fact. I accept it as an uncontrollable imperfection and move on.

I've been getting better at rolling with the punches. So many things still bother me but I'm learning to let go. It's going to be some time before I can say that I've been even moderately successful. But at least I can say that I'm trying.


I feel there's still enough time for a few more adventures.

No comments: