To sum up my vacation: Florida is a nice place but I would not really want to live there. I'm too Canadian; I missed coniferous trees, cooler mornings and most of all, I missed my City. But (warning - cliché imminent) they say you have to leave in order to know how you feel about something. To be sure, I did not realize just how much I loved about this place until I was away.
It was not all bad, do not get me wrong. And while I won't regale you with tales of delayed flights and nights spent in Detroit I can tell you a few things.
My inner child got to have the run of my body for our day at Disney's Magic Kingdom. She had the time of her life. And as you can see, my inner child still lives in the 90's. That's me on the left. My friend was so concentrated on shooting aliens that she did not even think to pose. Fantastic, right?
![]() |
| To infinity... and beyond! |
We ate like Queens at a great sushi restaurant that brought cotton candy with the bill instead of mints. How cool is that, I ask you! At the beach we took yoga pictures while the waves washed handful after handful of sand into our bathing suits. And to cap it all off, the only time I got a sunburn was in the car - and only on one arm.
I would call the past week a successful vacation. And now we get down to business. I've missed two consecutive knit nights which means next week's is pretty well set in stone. With the weeks sliding closer to the first day of class (they starting reminding me with those confounded commercials in July!) I still have much to do.
My parents are off on their second trip in as many weeks so while they're away I'm fixing and painting our kitchen. The last two times my Father left on business, I painted my room and got a fish tank. There may be a pattern here but you must admit, it's much easier to get things done around the house without the whole family underfoot.
I love renovations almost as much as I love assembling Ikea furniture - if I could get payed to do that I would in a second! So despite leaping out of that proverbial frying pan into the fire I'm looking forward to this week, and telling you about it of course.
I missed this.

No comments:
Post a Comment