I didn't dress up, nor did I attend any sort of party in which one wears a costume. I kind of wish I had had one to go to. I'm not complaining though, the Lad took me swing dancing. We stayed at a hotel downtown, it was nice not to have to leave before the last bus to the suburbs.
Seeing people who can dance much, much better than we can strangely did not discourage the Lad. In fact it made him try harder, which endeared him all the more to me. Even though I spent the better part of midnight complaining of hunger and sore feet I hope he knows how happy he has made me for agreeing to take up swing dancing with me. I should tell him - I might already have done so. My mind has been a bit more sieve-like than usual lately.
It seems as though Halloween gets quieter every year in my web of neighbourhoods. The children where silent by 7:30, having starting showing up sporadically at around 6 in the evening. Maybe it's just my mind inflating one of the most awesome holidays of the year, but I remember staying out for much longer, and there being so many more kids around.
Also, I'm not the first person to complain about this so I'll keep it brief. What is with the kid who's parent drives them from street to street? This is the suburbs, it's not exactly fifteen kilometres uphill between houses. At the risk of beating the issue any further to death, I'd just like to say that if you're going to consume tons of candy, might as well walk to earn it. That is all.
You might find that my postings have been a little more sporadic of late. As much as I'd like to say that will change for the better I can make no promises. Apart from the semester entering its' final, turbulent stage, I've taken up the NaNoWriMo challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in a month. Day 1, good start. I wrote to the daily recommended word count and still had enough energy to blog about it. This level of optimism will not last long.
My Cookie friend and I got together for another baking session. There was no camera but let me tell you, those Spicy Oatmeal Raisin cookies were gone by the end of the weekend. Gladly shall I share the recipe when I'm not so tired.
Welcome to November everyone, don't let the icy pellet rain bring you down. If you don't have that kind of thing... can I come live with you? It's cold here.
Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment